Super Tall Building construction is the latest technology that requires a thorough understanding of structural engineering, environmental science related to noise, vibration, and ventilation, and engineering materials technology to address the full gamut of problems associated with earthquakes, winds, pressure, and load.
Lotte E&C has for years conducted in-depth research on building high-rises over 100 stories. This effort led to the completion of landmark projects such as Lotte World II Jamsil and Busan Lotte Town.
Lotte E&C has firmly established a technology network by working closely with global research institutes and internationally renowned scholars.
Since 2006, Lotte E&C has held international symposiums four times a year to share our experience with the world’s professionals. These efforts demonstrate our leadership in advancing construction technology while honing our own technological capabilities.
To consistently create future value, Lotte E&C is focusing intensely on establishing efficient work processes. In structure, materials, construction, planning, and accident prevention, we already have in place a proven knowledge-based management system.
- Perpendicularity Management with GPS
- State-of-the-art technology ensured adherence to the tightest tolerances in vertical construction
- The top floors’ split crown-like design
- This design minimizes the building’s vibration by dispersing the wind pressure
- Installed 600-meter-per-minute high-speed elevators
- Exterior glass walls
- Photovoltaic cells are installed on the glass and generate 500-megawatts of electric power per year
- Evacuation spaces
- Created five evacuation spaces completely sealed from outside for every 25 floors
- Ultra-high-strength concrete with polypropylene fibers was used to enhance vertical strength, is used
- Cooling and heating
- Reduced the need for artificial cooling and heating by drilling 720 geothermal energy holes up to 200 meters underground